Sunday, May 9, 2010

Things that Make me Different from Others










As everyone knows, all of us are different in our own way. So, here are some things special and unique about me!



In my earlier years as a child, I went to school for a relatively short period of time. I was home schooled by my mother, so whatever she knew, I knew. I went out to find a job at age twelve, which was very young, so you probably think that was it for my learning years, but that's wrong. I learned many things off of just reading books! Now some people might think that books teach you absolutely nothing, but that is very wrong! You see, by reading books, I learned a ton of information. This information helped me on creating my inventions, and my studies.


Another very unique thing about me was that I got my own personal moment of silence, when I died on October 18, 1931. On this very same day, at 10:00 p.m. Eastern Standard time, the whole Untied States' lights were turned off for one minute in remembrance of me. This moment, was to honor what I did for the world. Again with the bragging, I know, sorry, but that's a pretty cool thing America did! Another pretty spectacular thing that happened to me was on October 20, 1928, I was awarded the Congressional Gold Medal. The government bestowed the medal on me for my lifelong contribute to science. The front of the gold medal, has me on it, while the back reads, "He Illuminated the Path of Progress by His Inventions." This award is pretty special because it's the HIGHEST award given to civilians in the United States.




No comments:

Post a Comment