Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Burdens that Held me Down



Though I always tried to be happy, big things burdened me in life. I had to live with first, being almost deaf. Though I never lost the ability to communicate with people, I being going deaf at a very young age. I'm actually thankful that I didn't give up doing something just because I was almost completely deaf. But this obstacle was a strong challenge through out my life, and it was hard to live with.
One day, on April 9, 1874, my mother died. I tried and tried to get over it, but I just couldn't get the fact that she was gone. I worked on my inventions to try to make it better, but I knew it wasn't helping one bit. Last, was the tragic day of December 9, 1914. A while back, I had built a factory complex in West Orange, New Jersey. I had done all my research and pretty much spent my whole life there. So on this day, a fire starts, and the whole factory is destroyed in burnt pieces. Though the factory was gone, I already began planning on how I was going to build my other one. On New Years Day in 1915, my workers surprised me with the first phonograph produced after some of the machinery had been destroyed. This sure did lift my spirits up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment