Monday, May 3, 2010

My Inventions that Changed the World

I have done many things in my life, up to this very day. I impacted the world and created the Age of Electricity and improved the world of entertainment! My inventions were all very unique and I'm proud of what I have done.


It all started out in 1868, when I invented the automatic vote recorder, which was designed to make voting easier for legislators at Congressional meetings. I was greatly disappointed when politicians rejected my idea, and just told myself to never work on inventions unless there was a market for it. But in 1869, I couldn't resist not inventing, and moved to New York City and became a full-time inventor. In 1871, I invented the stock-ticker and was offered 40,000 dollars for it, an enormous amount of money for this time! I didn't stop inventing and in 1874, I invented the quadruplex telegraph for my company Western Union, which could transmit four messages at a time. I also invented the electric pen, which created a stencil to produce multiple copies of letters.

In 1876, I move to Menlo Park, New Jersey, and established my first research laboratory. In 1877, people hired me to improve Alexander Graham's telephone, and I tied my best to make it better. I made it so you can talk to people more than one hundred miles away! In this same year, I invented the Phonograph, which was an introduce to the world of entertainment. In 1879, I changed the world. On New Years Eve of 1879, 3000 people came to watch in Menlo Park, New Jersey to watch the first light bulb light up. Skipping a few years, I invented the kinetoscope, the first movie viewer in 1891. And then I opened the Vitascope to the world! The first commercial motion picture projector in the United States. In 1899, I started working on the storage battery and improving it. And it took me nine years to improve it, (I was also working on other inventions, I skip around a lot! ) Now my last and final invention was in 1912, when I put my disk records on the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment